Specific exercises can help a baby to get into a more optimal position for birth & help the mother prepare physically and mentally for the birth process. Some of these exercises also can help to reduce stiffness & pain. One of them is a swiss ball pelvic rok
WHAT TO DO
1. Sit on a stability ball. Keep a neutral spine, with a slight arch in your lower back. You should feel your sit bones on the ball. Position your knees wide apart.
2. Put your hands on your pelvis/hip bones. Gently rock your pelvis in a circle to the left a few times.
3. Stop in the middle of a circle to check your seated alignment, then circle to the right a few times.
4. Stop and check your alignment again, then gently start rocking your pelvis back and forth, with slight tucking and arching.
5. Repeat the movements for the prescribed amount of time.
WHAT TO AVOID
• Abrupt or forceful movements.
• Moving the whole body. Your head and rib cage should remain still, and the movement should focus on the lower part of the torso
For more pregnancy/postnatal related exercise videos please go to my you tube channel